Friday, July 10, 2009

The MP3 Shuffle Challenge

The directions from my friend D on Facebook were simple:

1) turn on your mp3 player
2) go to Shuffle songs mode
3) Write down the first 25 songs that come up...song title and artist-- NO editing/cheating, please.
4) Choose 25 people to be tagged. It is generally considered to be in good taste to tag the person who tagged you.

I followed the directions and here is what resulted. I will try to keep the commentary to a minimum.

"I'm Alright" by Jo Dee Messina
"Get Right" by Jennifer Lopez
"I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston
"War" by Edwin Starr
"Sara Smile" by Hall & Oates
"Lovesick Blues" by Hank Williams (Sr.)
"If We Make It Through December" by Merle Haggard
"The Rest of Your Life" by Kenny Loggins
"Hard Luck Woman" by Kiss
"Mi Amor Contiki" by Disco Ruido! (from the Rudo y Cursi soundtrack)
"Intermission" by Scissor Sisters
"My Heart Sings" by Frances Faye
"Wait for Me" by Hall & Oates
"Oo-de-Lolly" by Roger Miller (from the Disney animated film Robin Hood)
"The Best of My Love" by the Eagles
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears
"I Want You to Want Me" by Los Odio and Juan Son
"Larger than Life" by the Backstreet Boys
"Hello Stranger" by Emmylou Harris
"Dear Me" by Lorrie Morgan
"Somebody to Love" by Queen
"The Way We Were" by Barbra Streisand (the album version, not the soundtrack one)
"Where Is It Written?" by Barbra Streisand (from Yentl)
"Goin' on a Holiday" by Labelle
"The Love Boat Theme" by Jack Jones

I think the only word that fits is "eclectic." I'll leave it to the professionals to analyze what my random song selection says about me.

(By the way, I seem to have lost the bullets function on Blogger. I think I used to have it, but it has disappeared. So I apologize for not having the list look more orderly.)

3 comments:

Connie said...

Check you e-mail.

Have a great weekend!

Me said...

I don't know if you meant to "tag" me here, but I'll bite anyway"

"I'm Beginning to See the Light" -- Ella Fitzgerald
"Jump" -- Van Halen
"St. James Infirmary Blues" -- The White Stripes
"Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors" -- Editors
"Ku U I Po" -- Elvis Presley
"Somewhere Only We Know" -- Keane
"Carnival" -- Bikini Kill
"Make Up" -- Elefant
"Fly Me to the Moon" -- Diana Krall
"Welcome to England" -- Tori Amos
"Cantara" -- Dead Can Dance
"Your Hands are Cold" -- Dario Marianelli (Pride and Prejudice soundtrack)
"In Your House" -- The Cure
"Hurt Like MIne" -- The Black Keys
"Immature" -- Bjork
"Don't Explain" -- Cat Power
"I'm Not in Love" -- 10cc
"You Won't See Me" -- The Beatles
"Never Be Mine" -- Kate Bush
"Garden Party" -- Ricky Nelson
"Oh, Lonesome Me" -- Neil Young
"Cosmic Dancer" -- Morrissey
"San Francisco" -- Judy Garland
"You Don't Have to Cry" -- Crosby, Stills, and Nash
"Le Quattro Stagioini -- Violin Concerto in E Major" -- Vivaldi

I love the song "Sara Smile." I was wondering if it would come up on my list, too.

Joe said...

I would hae tagged you if I had any idea how to do that.

You have a remarkably diverse list, just as I would have expected, and you have a lot of more contemporary music than I have, too.

I'm going to go listen to "I'm Not in Love" by 10cc and relive another high school moment.