Thursday, May 31, 2018

End-of-Year Confusion

Sometimes when reading student work, I am completely confused. I'm never certain if some of the confusion results from the ubiquity of AutoCorrect or a lack of comprehension from the writer.

For example, what follows is the concluding paragraph from an essay about Target's marketing strategies. It was not, however, indented in the original so that you could tell it was the start of a new paragraph.

"This only proves that target has use many strategies to take a bandage of the marketing to breakfast from kiss from keep customers ethical marketing to. In being all onions to their store to buy products that they need."

I read the entire essay that this paragraph allegedly concludes, and I can honestly state that I have no idea what the writer was trying to say here.

No comments: